Saturday 4 March 2017

No reply Turnbull & Caymans accounts

Members of parliament don't reply to voters on email, snail mail,.twitter or farcebook.

Members of the media don't listen to viewers or listeners or readers.

So what's a voter to do?  Whinge and moan and cry on social media/  social media is basically a whinge bucket for politicians, everyone can whinge and they don't seem to bother replying.

Two choices.


FOI - try the right to know people and ask your MP's department to let you know what you want to know.


Or lodge a petition in parliament.  It can be written in the old fashioned way and posted in or done online with the new fangled e-petitions thingy.  Doc Jensen was basically a dual national waste of space in parliament and was arseholed quite significantly by his own party come election time in 2016.  But he did bring in the e-petitions when he was chair of the House of Representatives Petitions Committee. You need one signature to make n effective petition to parliament and it must be limited to 250 words to stop rants and must be something the House of Representatives can do.

Most MPs don't reply to me so I do write petitions and FOIs.

Here is one about Malcolm Turnbull in a roundabout way.  It asks the House of Representatives to determine if an MP can legally purchase the rights of Cayman Island citizens and get zero taxation.

I have asked barristers and been told that purchasing the rights and privileges of a foreign national is in breach of S44 of the constitution.

The part of S44 that makes Caymans accounts illegal for MPs  says a person who is entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or a citizen of a foreign power is disqualified from parliament.


So time to sign and pass around petition number EN0130.  It can be signed here until about the 3rd of April.






And the bit at the bottom asking you to Paypal me if you like what I write

Thank you to those who have PayPal'd me, much appreciated.  Being PayPal I can't thank you personally because your personal details are kept private.  

Cheers thanks & goodonya



4 comments:

  1. The link to the petition for signing is closed. Commission people's view of 30 business days is not mine. I hadn't included weekends, they did. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. The petition has been referred but because the system was designed by Doc Jensen there is no way of knowing who it was referred to until I get an email in the next week or so. It's normally a 90 day period for the petition to be answered so sometime between now and June will see the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The petition was referred to Senator Brandis.

    Hopeless me trying to contact him he destroys my emails. If you are curious or want to get him to answer it quickly please email him. Senator.Brandis@aph.gov.au goodonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rang Brandis Office and they don't have the petition nor do they do petitions. Wrote to local MP to try and sort out


    Dear Mr Wallace

    I am sorry I have to write to you about another petition. EN0130 has been referred to Senator Brandis office for answer. I rang the office a few minutes ago and Bruce told me the Senator does not answer petitions and I would have to refer my matter to the Speaker of the House Mr Smith to find out what is going on. I tried to tell Bruce the petition was lodged with the petitions committee and referred to Senator Brandis for reply several months ago but he said they do not reply to petitions.

    Why are so many scared of petitions? I know this one will blow things apart but surely we must have the law followed even for parliamentarians.

    You might know constitutional barrister Peter King, he was the member in Mr Tunrbull's seat a while back. Mr King told me what I have said in my blog and transfered into the petition is correct, an MP can not buy the rights and privileges of a citizen of a foreign country, even indirectly through companies and trusts. Zero taxation is a right and privilege of Caymans citizens and Mr Turnbull bragged in parliament last April that he was rich enough to buy Caymans Islanders zero tax accounts.

    It is your party leader that will be in trouble should this petition be answered truthfully but as a barrister you must consider the rule of law paramount. Mr Abbott even stated as much when he said western civilisation relies on the rule of law to exist.

    I have attached a copy of the petition, it doesn't name Mr Turnbull but as far as I can tell he is the only MP who has told parliament he has Caymans Islands zero tax accounts.

    Senator Brandis and his office don't like me. I have written to him in the past about Mr Abbott's dual citizenship and the emails sent to him were destroyed before being sent to the Attorney Generals Department for reply. I have FOI proof of that. We voters are expected to live our lives under the rule of law, the same should be for every politician. A few weeks ago Ms McManus was condemned for saying unionists can pick and choose which laws are good laws and protest against the others. the same can not be done with our constitution.

    I don't know if I am putting you between the rock and hard place but I have to ask you to try and get the petition answered. Even referring the petition to the Solicitor General would allow a none partisan answer and save Senator Brandis from lying to parliament or compounding an offence.


    Thanks again for your help with Senator Ryan. My other petitions in parliament won't be as awkward, one is about stopping phones being used in cars and another is about drug testing for MPs, that's the goose and gander one.


    Kind regards

    Tony Magrathea

    The blog sent to Mr King - is here

    ReplyDelete